RE: NYC gardens

  • Subject: RE: [cg] NYC gardens
  • From: "John Verin" jverin@pennhort.org
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:45:51 -0400

What is now called part of New Jersey was "bought" from the native tribe, the Hoboken, (those who discovered the place, i.e. not Columbus) for a few kegs of beer and some beads.

As we speak, Jamaican organic dairy farmers dump thousands of gallons of milk per week because the IMF contract/debt they have requires they import our not-organic powdered milk. Jamaicans, impoverished from the IMF debt, can't afford their home-grown organic milk and buy the powdered stuff we send them. See the movie "Life and Debt" http://lifeanddebt.org/

Truth be known, life be grown.

Paco John Verin
City Wide Coordinator - Philadelphia Green
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
100 North 20th Street, 5th floor
Philadelphia, PA  19103-1495
Phone: 215-988-8885; Fax 215-988-8810