RE: starting out

  • Subject: RE: [cg] starting out
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:09:47 -0500

Pete,

The first thing I'd do is contact the great community garden folks down in Portland. Not only do they know how to play community garden, they know how to do it in your region:

Another  thing that you may want to do is to go to the "starting a community garden" pages on the American Community Gardening website: http://www.communitygarden.org . There's a wealth of information there on the different ways folks organize community gardens.

I volunteer with a community garden on a third of an acre in Midtown Manhattan. If you think that experience might be relevant to what you're trying to do, just click on the link beneath my name.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer, Clinton Community Garden