Chicago Community Gardens.

Hello!
I am student at Trinity College in Hartford, CT. I am in a seminar that centers around learning about and working in community gardens. My professor suggested we use the listserv as source of information. We are currently working on an assignment in which we must research community gardens from our hometowns, which for me, happens to be Chicago. We are looking for fairly in-depth information, particulary any obstacles gardeners might face(ie. soil contamination, lack of water, lack of local cooperation, etc) or any strengths a garden might posses. I am looking for information about one garden in particular, however if anyone has any sort of information about community gardens that they would like to share, I would be glad to receive it. I am researching in particular the Cook County Sheriff's Garden. I am also wondering about the status of the gardens at Cabrini Green. Thank you in advance for any information that you can give me!!
Sincerely,
Hilary Waldron