I don't think its all that unusual for an aggressive capitalist company to portray itself as warm and fuzzy on the outside while its actions look quite different.  Laurie, Chgo

Paris, France --- Starbucks is boldly preparing to open its first outlet
in the coffee connoisseur and café capital of the world. French
Starbucks subsidiary president Franck Esquerre says, "We are not trying
to compete with the traditional Parisian cafe. We bring a different
concept." His words have not soothed the nerves of coffee café owners in
Paris, given the fact that the gargantuan coffee-shop chain has
swallowed up "mom and pop" coffee shops all around the world, now
boasting more than 7,000 stores in 30 countries.