Re: advice please re paying a stipend to a gardener

  • Subject: Re: [cg] advice please re paying a stipend to a gardener
  • From: Grow19@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 17:51:05 EDT

I'd say that you should re-examine what is expected of people, increase the leadership team to at least three people, follow the cleveland model of expected # hrs of work per month or year, following up, losing plots if not participating, etc.  Its a hard transition to make, but everyone needs to remember:  its a volunteer project.  In theory, even the leaders should not be expected to do much more than everyone else. In practice, they do, but other gardeners should be made to know that that everyone needs to pull their weight in order for anyone to have a plot.

judy tiger, washington dc