Re: Florida Community Gardens

  • Subject: [cg] Re: Florida Community Gardens
  • From: jen@nnninfo.org
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:26:10 -0400

i am with Neighborhood Nutrition Network, located in Gainesville, Florida.
Check out our link at www.nnninfo.org. We are a non-profit and very involved
with local food efforts through community gardening, schools, high school youth
entrepreneurship, and local farm advocacy.

One of our goals this year is to establish a website which is a database of
community gardens in Florida, to connect to one another more in our region of
Florida.  If anyone out there knows of community gardeners or gardens in
Florida, please let me know.
We have a database of over 50 already, so a pretty good start....including
Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Orlando, Miami, Sarasota, St.
Petersburg, and more.  If you are a Floridian hoping to get involved with
community gardening, feel free to contact me and i will do my best to connect
you with those who i know in your area.
And, i will send another announcement with the Florida Community Gardening
Network website is up and running.

Cheers,
Jen Dodd
Gainesville,Florida