Re: [tb-cybergardens]: Edie Stone, Director of NYC Greenthumb  Speaks....Finally.

  • Subject: [cg] Re: [tb-cybergardens]: Edie Stone, Director of NYC Greenthumb  Speaks....Finally.
  • From: Laura10012@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 04:26:28 EDT

Dear Adam-

It's my curse to be the soul of understanding where other people's points of
view are concerned, and I feel I must speak up in GreenThumb's defense.   I
might agree they were negligent so-and-sos if they had not decided to assume the
community gardens under Parks" general city coverage for this period "between
carriers".   Hopefully, this is in fact the case.    I think no one wanted a
mass panic.   I know I had to scrape myself off the ceiling when this first
came to light via your AGCA listserv exchange with the 6th & B gardener.

Also, I would have expected a cancellation notice from NOSC before a
cancellation announcement from GreenThumb.   Frankly, the last word from NOSC was the
surcharge notice last year, then nothing.   Though, who wants to be the bearer
of bad news?

Anyhow, I share your hope, Adam, if not your belief "that under Parks our
gardens will always be accessible to the communities we serve - not private
garden clubs functioning under the community garden label."    Oooh, don't get me

Kind regards,
Laura Braddock