Re: [tb-cybergardens]: Please Write to the Mayor
- Subject: [cg] Re: [tb-cybergardens]: Please Write to the Mayor
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:58:37 -0400
Here's whatcha should do:
1) Go to CB 2 and get copies of the older letters of support that the board has written in support of La Guardia Corner Garden. You want letters from them on their stationery.
2) Go to the local citycouncilperson, state assembly person,state senator and your congressman - you've been in touch and have invited them to garden functions all along, and have pictures of them in your garden, right? You want letters from them on their stationery and copies of those pictures.
3) Go to your neighbors, the schools that have done programs in your garden, the local churches that have found your garden to be a safe haven for seniors and kids, the Moms and familes that love ya, and local business that have found your presence there to have been an uplifting experience for the community. You want letters from them on their stationery.
4) Get the NYU film students who have filmed in your garden . you want letters from them and their professors on their stationery.
5) Get letters from all the grannies, families, singles, everybody collected, on different color and size paper collected and copied. You want to have copies of everything for your records as well as sending them to the decision makers on your garden.
6) If the decision maker in this case really is Daddy Warbucks Mayor Bloomberg, collect about 500 people together for a "Gardeners for Mayor Mike" rally, let his staff know about it, and have lotsa bodies at a given time and place for Mike Bloomberg's close up photo shot. If Mayor Mike is the final arbiter on what happens to your garden, then suck up to him really big in this way. When it comes to a political animal in an election year, then go for it. Remember, Bloomberg signed off on the garden settlement, so he isn't entirely odious.
Clinton Community Garden
From: doggielama <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:10:32 -0400
Subject: [tb-cybergardens]: Please Write to the Mayor
News from the tb-cybergardens mailing list
LaGuardia Corner Garden is endangered by development. The garden has been trying for many years, with the support of CB2, to have its NYC DOT site transferred to the Parks Department. We would greatly appreciate your participation in a letter writing campaign to our Mayor. Below is a draft letter for your convenience.
Dear Mayor Bloomberg:
re: LaGuardia Corner Garden
I am writing to urge the a change in the status of LaGuardia Corner Garden, a decades old community garden in the heart of Greenwhich Village.
LaGuardia Corner Garden needs and seeks protection from development. Transfer of the land on which the garden is located from the NYC Department of Transportation to the NYC Department of Parks & Recreation would help to provide greater protection from development. Such a transfer has long had the support of Community Board 2.
Please support the future of this perennial garden, which is not only a valued resource for the community but a showcase to visitors from around the world.
To add or remove yourself from this list, please send a message to email@example.com with the word SUBSCRIBE or UNSUBSCRIBE in the BODY of the message. To receive a reference guide to this mailing list, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word HELP in the BODY of the message.
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: email@example.com
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden