Re: Slow Food update

  • Subject: [cg] Re: Slow Food update
  • From: Cynthia Price skyprice@gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:59:05 -0400

A lot of chefs and good cooks seem to be attracted to Slow Food, so they could do preparation and cooking demonstrations for lower income gardeners at or near the gardens, using whatever is in abundance at a given point in the season.

Each Slow Food convivium has to see where it comes down on inclusivity issues, but I know that I am not able to afford to join Slow Food. That hasn't excluded me from participating altogether, but I think that's because I was part of the group that pushed for forming a convivium. It seems that just at that level some thought should be given to the subject, some more flexibility maybe. On the other hand, that's not necessarily a discussion for this list.

Cynthia Price
Greater Grand Rapids Food Systems Council