RE: Fwd: Term Limits in Community Gardens?

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Fwd: Term Limits in Community Gardens?
  • From: "Pohl-Kosbau, Leslie" PKLESLIE@ci.portland.or.us
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:17:54 -0700

Hello Susan and friends on the list,
It would be helpful to know what the agreement has been with the Parks and
Recreation Department for the land used by the garden groups. What does the
lease say, or is there a lease agreement?
Is there a "sunset" provison, or a possibility of lease renewal?

As we have been discussing on this list, insurance is a big factor in the
operation of community gardens (and a cost). Private and public community
gardens programs need to have coverage. In the case of some municipal
programs, there is usually coverage under a city policy. This is a great
advantage.

Leslie Pohl-Kosbau
Portland Community Gardens