Mystery vegetables list (was: Translating some vegetable names...)

  • Subject: [cg] Mystery vegetables list (was: Translating some vegetable names...)
  • From: Jerome Rigot rigot.3@osu.edu
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:05:05 +0200

Hi Sharon,

The first item of your mystery list sounds like bitter melon. It has
several medicinal properties, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Long time ago, a friend of mine who had a bad case of chronic
psoriasis was prescribed by a naturopath from John Bastyr's College
of Naturopathy Medecine (in Seattle) to add bitter melon to her diet.

Anyway, check this link: http://www.rain-tree.com/bitmelon.htm

In addition to a great deal of info, you will find a link to color
pictures to the left of the page, so you can check if this is really
the right item.

Jerome