RE: gardening and religion

Last weekend I turned several wheelbarrows full of horse manure into our
communal raw compost bin. Aiding me that Sunday afternoon were
representatives of several established jewish, islamic &   christian
denominations, an alleged practitioner or Wiccan, and a couple of atheists.
That afternoon, a rainy afternoon, we then had a couple of beers ( our
islamic gardener is a Turk) and then went home to shower.

Our mid-Manhattan garden in Hell's Kitchen is comprised of a regular United
Nations of nationalities, religions, political & sexual proclivities.As a
community garden in NYC we've held weddings, memorial services and varied
rites for everything under the sun.

Our common interest is gardening and our common bond is respect and
tolerance ( unless you let your plants get overrun by morning glories
because of neglect- then we let you have it!)

OK, and we all pray for good weather and a reasonable amount of rain ...even
the atheists.