Youth offender/community gardens

Hello all!

This summer I will be helping to head-up a community garden project in
Newerk, OH that was established for youth offenders to work off their
community service hours while creating a true community atmosphere in
the city.  I am very new in this area and would greatly appreciate any
information, recommendations of resources, or advice anyone has in this
area, specifically with the youth offender part, but certainly in the
realm of organic gardening as well, seeing as I am fairly new to both.
Thanks so much in advance!

Kate Soucy
Denison University
Granville, OH 43023