FW: droughts

-----Original Message-----
From: doug morris [mailto:dougmorris@watersorb.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 3:22 PM
To: djohns@pennhort.org
Subject: droughts

I saw you on the net and thought I would drop you a note.

I am a daylily grower who has figured out what it takes to survive the annual summer droughts. Every summer the rain just stops and my watering became endless and costly, the city presently has us on watering rationing every other day. No matter how much I watered the beds, they were always dry and in constant stress. I discovered polymers five years ago and things have changed for all the beds I have planted since then. The polymer is like Jell-0, and it holds 400 times its weight in water and releases it as the ground dries.  This spring I even did my lawn in polymer, I tilled and incorporated the soil 6-8 inches down and plugged centipede grass.  It spread quickly and looks great and requires watering once a week while my neighbor’s grass (which gets watered often) is brown. I could rattle on about my love of polymer, but I’ll cut to the chase.  I was paying from $6-12 per pound till a friend who uses polymers to manufacture medical products let me piggyback on his orders to get great pricing.

Now I have started an earth friendly non-profit company to let everyone else have access to the polymers.  www.watersorb.com

The best way to buy them is in 50 lb bulk for $2.50-2.90 per pound plus $22 for shipping, getting friends together and splitting the cost is the best way to go. By the single pounds costs a little more, but with having to ship it here, ship it out, bag it, pay for credit card service, web designer, labels,…I have no choice.  I am a non-profit company and I do have to pay the bills, but I am still able to sell polymer way below market rates.

If it isn’t asking too much, drop by my site and tell me what you think or what you think about polymers.  I am always interested in hearing about better ways of doing things.

Thanks

John-Paul Morris

www.watersorb.com

PS. My water loving plants have never done better than with plenty of polymer, it’s like growing them on the edge of a stream.