ACGA conference

I will second Tom Kerr's comments on the ACGA conference.  For me the
ACGA conference confimed the role of ACGA as community builders.  The
From the Roots Up workshops on diversity, building community and
relationships through gardens, common stories and teaching tolerance for
differnces were fantastic.  The conference renewed my energy simply by
seeing the committment and strength of all the people involved.  Our
stories shared variations on the theme of attention, care, courage,
knowledge, and understanding.

The Board of ACGA has appointed two dynamic new members for one year
terms.  Doron Comerchero who demonstates the power of youth advocates
and Terri Buchanan who's expertise in development and funding will move
ACGA forward with new goals.

Thanks to Bobby Wilson and the Staff/Volunteers in Atlanta for being the
finest examples of community builders.  I think that still,moist,
scented air does good things to the brain and makes for great cooking
(and the hottest dancing bus drivers I've ever seen).
Julie Conrad