RE: Allergy-Free Gardening

What was it that Regan said about trees causing air pollution?

Undoubtedly there must be some valid science in this article that members of
this listeserve can parse better than I can. Are there serious articles in
allergy journals, the asthma literature? I've never heard this one before

However, in NY, the asthma we get is from burned fossil fuels, killer
traffic ( Manhattan is up 70,000 more car trips per day from 5 years ago - a
mere drop in the bucket compared to the millions of single passenger trips
we now have) diesel buses and trucks. We get tons of crap pumped in the air
from the remaining smokestack industries in the area and illegally black
chimney exhaust from landlords who don't maintain their furnaces properly.
Rudy Giuliani is spraying all kinds of stuff to get rid of West Nile virus
bearing mosquitos - sometimes spraying/drenching citizens directly.
Rat & roach droppings have also been  added to the asthma list mix.
Neighborhood activists and commuity boards  beg, and sometimes get the
street trees we need for our blocks.

Inquiring minds need to know:

Is the carbon dioxide that our trees are helping produce ( in the midst of
our environment sorta like spitting in the wind, grant you) being
compromised by their sex?

I know that to the liberal imagination, white males are the source of all
evil, but are  male trees on the pc hit list too?

I'm a city boy: how do you tell the sex of a tree? Can my dogs tell?

List, help  me out here, please!

Happy gardening,

Adam