FW: CYBERGARDENS: Inside City Parks

Peter Harnik of the Parks Council has come out with a new book, "Inside City
Parks," which  compares the urban park systems of several U.S cities. While
researching it, he blew through a quite a park systems, community gardens,
neighborhood greening projects, etc. and what he writes may have an impact
on decision makers.  As this is being sponsored as an important study by The
Parks Council and the Trust for Public Land, I thought I'd give you all a
"heads-up." I hope to get to the cocktail party and pick up a copy there
myself if life, death, work or an impending bulldozing doesn't intervene

. For those of you who run parks programs, do urban planning,  landscape on
the government's dime or are interested enough in the topic to buy yet
another book,  copies of  are available  through 1-800-321-5011 for about 40

Happy gardening,