Re: Cat poop in the gardens

Sunday wrote:

>I'm getting totally irritated at the amount of cat poop in our vegetable
>garden, especially whenever an area is cleared and recently planted. Any

There are several suggstions.  One can spray a mixture of hot peppers and
vinegar around the garden (cats hate that smell).  One can also put mulch
down -- something rough like wood chips or pine branches (put newspaper
under the wood chips if you don't want the wood chips to pull nitrogen out
of the garden as they are decomposing.  One can also cover the area with
chicken wire -- they won't poop through it.

Do a search on deja.com on rec.gardens and rec.gardens.edbile -- many good
suggestions have been posted there about cats in the garden.

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of