Re: But I always thought Adam was funny! OR "Gardening withthe Humor Impaired"! ;-D

Greetings All!

I am a "lurker" who for the most part have enjoyed the variety of
topics, suggestions, philosophical discussions, etc. that have been
posted here (although between this and the other 3-4 listserves I'm
on I get way more e-mail than I can sometimes handle <smile>.)

One thing I do, as I read and lurk, is suspend judgment on what is
being said and how it is said. While I have on occasion been struck
not quite the "right" way by a comment or thread, I sit with it for a
while rather than reacting to it. I ask myself if it bothers me
enough to respond, and more importantly, I ask myself *why* it
bothers me. If after all this pondering I find I am still disturbed
by the statement, I might write a response; and usually by that time,
any ire I might have felt is dissipated and I can respond calmly.
Sorry for rambling, but it works for me.

I must say that I appreciate humor enough to tolerate the occasional
"ouch" I might get from a particular comment. What bothers me most is
when disagreements arise and protracted "arguments" take place on
this listserve.

This is a wonderful space for people who are doing wonderful work to
share ideas, questions, frustrations, joys, challenges, whatever.
Thanks for allowing me to lurk, and blessings to all of you engaged
in your various pursuits.

M.T. Chamblee

"He who learns, teaches."	~~Ancient African Proverb (Ethiopia)