hydroponics

How do people feel about Hydroponics?

There`s local hydroponic supplyer who loves Eco-initiatives and wants to set
up an indoor hydroponic garden for us. The food would go to the food bank.
This is great, but I`m unsure how it fits in with our mandate of promoting
(and practicing) organic agriculture. We`re planning a rooftop garden, so
I`m thinking somekind of liquid organic fertilizer would be useful in that
context....

Can anyone point me to good on-line resources?

Martha Stiegman
Eco-initiatives, Montreal