job opening

Forwarded message:

The following request was recently forwarded to the Robyn Van En
Center at Wilson College.  I am sending it along to all of you in
case you might know of anyone interested in this position.  Please contact
David or Edie Griffiths at the number below.

Available Immediately: Organic/Biodynamic Farm Manager Needed

David and Edie Griffiths are in need of a farmer to carry on the
management of Seven Stars farm in Kimberton, PA. A recent accident
has left David unable to farm for the foreseeable future. We are seeking an
individual who possesses full working knowledge and experience with
all aspects of dairy farming: herd health and nutrition, field work and
pasture management, machine operation and maintenance, and employee
management. The manager will direct the efforts of four to five full-time
farmers and
farm helpers. A background in biodynamic farming is preferred, but not
essential. We are willing to train an otherwise qualified and interested

Seven Stars is a four hundred acre certified biodynamic dairy farm
supporting a herd of seventy cows. All our milk is processed on-site
by a separate staff into our nationally-distributed Seven Stars
Yogurt. The  property is owned by the Kimberton Waldorf School, with whom we
a long-term lease.

Salary, benefits and housing are provided. Located approximately
forty miles west of Philadelphia, Seven Stars is at the center of an
active anthroposophic community. We're located across the road from the
Waldorf School, and in close proximity to Camphill Village Kimberton
Hills, Camphill Soltane, and Beaver Run. The ten-acre biodynamic garden of
the Kimberton CSA shares a corner of the property

Interested individuals should contact David or Edie Griffiths, 501
West Seven Stars Road, Phoenixville, PA 19460; (610)933-1222.