Re: Tragedy

  • Subject: [cg] Re: Tragedy
  • From: Treenurse@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:55:42 EDT

I am no different from anyone else in my reactions of horror and  sadness at the hijacking of four planes and their final destinations resulting in a cascade of events, loss of life, disbelief, sorrow and anger. I was glued to the TV and when they were showing ground zero a new aspect of sadness was added.
My screen name describes my vocation and avocation. As a gardener I believe that flowers and trees are gifts of beauty from God which grace a city of concrete with softness and color and shade. I believe that many of the gardens in New York are the result of many people who also share these feelings and worked hard to create this beauty.
The pictures on TV which showed bushes and trees burned and covered in ash broke my heart. I know that these things of beauty probably would not survive the devastation.
The energy of the people in New York is so positive that they will rebuild and  also have the opportunity to create beauty again by planting new gardens.