Local food makes more sense than ever

  • Subject: [cg] Local food makes more sense than ever
  • From: "Sadler, Sally-Anne" <Sally-Anne.Sadler@METROKC.GOV>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:13:35 -0700

Title: Local food makes more sense than ever

In an effort to try and think of what I can do as an individual in this crazy time, I have been considering the long term consequences of the event.   I think one of the things that we need to consider, when looking at this in a systemic way, is our dependency on petroleum, globalization and our food system.  Every aspect of our food system is based on petroleum, transportation, chemical applications, etc..

So, local food, again, is the core of who we are and a solution for many of the problems that we face.

Just a thought.

Sally Anne

Sally Anne Sadler
Urban Food Gardeners
WSU Cooperative Extension, King County
500 SW 7th St, Suite A200
Renton, WA 98055-2917
fx 206.296.0952
Secretary, American Community Gardens Association