RE: MAKE IT GREEN

  • Subject: RE: [cg] MAKE IT GREEN
  • From: jritcher <jritcher@asu.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:36:06 -0700

I'm usually just a voyuer to this list serve, a grad student trying to keep
up with what's new in the community gardening world, which I consider very
important.  So, while I realize it may not be my place to comment about
things NOT CG-related, I can not resist responding to the last two messages
that have come across my screen.

Those were very lovely thoughts and hopes expressed by Roger Ebert.  I have
visited Manhatten only once, so have no valid notion as what is and is not
likely there.  But it was never considered likely that something this
horrific, something this abrupt would happen there either.  I would like to
think that what IS likely now is change; the emergence of something
positive both in thought, action, and physical presence,  from the pain and
rubble.  I would like to think that someone will take Mr. Ebert's
suggestion with all seriousness.  If we simply clean it all up so that we
can go back to the way things were--i.e.new office buildings and a memorial
sports complex, the perpetrators of this crime have truly conquered us.

My thoughts are with you all in New York and everywhere, trying to heal and
trying to make sense of what has happened.

Thanks for the information and the outlet,
Jamaica Cousins