URGENT! ANWR drilling tied to Defense Authorization Bill

  • Subject: [cg] URGENT! ANWR drilling tied to Defense Authorization Bill
  • From: "Dawn M. Ripley" <ripley@iglou.com>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 09:41:22 -0400

Dear Friends:

(If I offend with this posting, then please accept my apology in advance,
but the issue is too grave and the time too short for me not to spread the
word about this situation the only way I knew that would reach the greatest
number of folks the most quickly.  Thank you for indulging me, and thank you
for relying upon your delete key if you'd rather not be bothered.)

I have it on good authority that Oklahoma's Senator Inhofe has attached a
rider to the Defense Authorization Bill that would allow the proposed
drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Preserve to take place.

The bill, S.1438, will be debated on and voted on TOMORROW, September 23; It
is likely that it will pass as a result of our unchecked preparations for war.

You may read more about the situation at Senate website:

                http://www.senate.gov/

Naturally, the amended text of the bill is not available currently.

PLEASE CALL and FAX YOUR SENATORS.  E- mail alone is not enough, as Congress
is inundated with e-mail at the moment.

Here's how to reach Senator Inhofe:

Inhofe, James  (R - OK)
453 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-4721
http://inhofe.senate.gov/webform.html

You can find the contact information for all of our senators at

        http://www.senate.gov/contacting/index.cfm

or you can use this handy reference from the New York Times:

        http://www.nytimes.com/partners/politics/congress.2.html

Thank you,

Dawn

Dawn M. Ripley