23 cities funded back in eraly 80's for food gardening

  • Subject: [cg] 23 cities funded back in eraly 80's for food gardening
  • From: "Sadler, Sally-Anne" <Sally-Anne.Sadler@METROKC.GOV>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 09:05:27 -0700

Title: 23 cities funded back in eraly 80's for food gardening

Dear Tiffany,

Hi.  I could be getting some of these facts wrong, perhaps Tom Tyler, the ACGA Pres and an ag. agent can correct me.  But my understanding is that that USDA back in the early 80's funded 23 (26?) cities around the US to start food gardening projects.  That money paid for an agent/faculty member for WSU Coop. Extension King County. (Seattle)   That funding dried up and some of the projects continue, like ours in Seattle, the Urban Food Gardeners.

I think that is the background.  Details, I am not so sure about.

Sally Anne Sadler

thaMessage: 1