  • Subject: [cg] sustainability
  • From: "Oliver Ginsberg" <ginsberg@blinx.de>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 00:31:32 +0200

dear friends,

I have been very lucky to join this list which is not restricted to
gardening tips, but stands for part of a global movement for sustainable
development, that is ecologically sound, socially just and economically
viable. That includes topics of a broader variety, such as intercultural
communication, inclusion of disadvantaged people, social equity etc.

I would be very sorry to see these topics being switched off for the sake or
"garden purity". Gardens my be an end in themselves and rightly so, but they
are also a symbol of reclaiming commons, struggle against authoritarian
politics and hope for a sustainable global future.

As Adam says once and again : community gardening is 50% gardening and 100%

I second on this one

greetings from the "old continent"

Oliver Ginsberg
Association of adventure playgrounds and children's farms in Berlin
Kremmener Str. 9
10435 Berlin

fon  ++49-(0)30-442 37 18
fax  ++49-(0)30-449 01 67