Seattle Sept 11 Community Garden -

  • Subject: [cg] Seattle Sept 11 Community Garden -
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:21:28 EDT

Friends,

This was shared with me by Sandy Pernitz of P-Patch in Seattle, WA.

The short story:  the Seattle P-Patch community gardeners  have collected the
huge spontaneous flower displays that appeared after the September 11th
tragedy and are composting them to create a September 11th community garden.

The attached account, forwarded to me by Sandy Pernitz and written by Jon
Rowley tells it all. This is an amazing story, Seattle gardeners doing what
we are supposed to do best, create and embrace community through gardening.

As a New Yorker and Community gardener, I am touched beyond words.  This is a
long message and well worth the reading.  A keeper.
Adam Honigman

Subj:    memorial compost