gardens under power lines?

  • Subject: [cg] gardens under power lines?
  • From: Jen Dodd jkdodd@ufl.edu
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 11:29:25 -0400

I'm working with an apartment community right now that wishes to have a
community garden.
Looks like the best option in the vicinity is a large greenway, which happens
to be underneath a mass of powerlines.
It's optimal because of it's location and because it's city-owned and we can
collaborate with our city parks program.

Does anyone have experience with lands like these?
Are there safety or health issues in spending time in these areas?

Please pass on the research or experience if you have it.

Jen Dodd  - Americorps VISTA, Gainesville, FL
Americorps VISTA, Neighborhood Nutrition Network  P.O. Box 12311  Gainesville, Florida 32604    352.377.6345   352.336.1112  "To own a bit of ground,   to scratch it with a hoe,  to plant seeds and watch the   renewal of life - this is the   commonest delight of the race -   the most satisfactory thing a man  can do"-Charles Dudley Warner