Re: Garden Sheds and Sign Board Plans Needed

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Garden Sheds and Sign Board Plans Needed
  • From: Tamsin Salehian tamsin@sparecreative.com
  • Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:56:22 +1000

Here's an idea for an information board that I've used in the past.

If the information board is for regularly changing info and some constant
info, I reckon not much beats blackboard paint - available at most paint
shops. If on an exterior wall, just choose the side which is most weather
protected (if on shed with corrugated walls, use a piece of waterproof board
and bolt on to shed). Paint a large rectangle or a free shape with
blackboard paint. Then with coloured paints make a border (add
flowers/leafmotifs if creatively bent), and neatly paint (can pencil it on
first to avoid mistakes) on the info which is non-changing (name of
garden/contact details/basic rules/garden guidelines/working
bees/inspirational quote) then have a big space for monthly messages and an
area for comments. A small offcut of wooden molding can be nailed on as a
chalk holder and hey presto, affordable, practical and bright and cheerful!

If you want a more 'professional' look for an exterior sign, on the front of
our gardens we have white metal sign sheets with vinyl lettering which is in
the colours of our logo, we shopped around and told them what it was for and
provided a graphics file electronically and got them really cheaply, you may
even be able to get them for free if the sign shop sponsors the garden - if
you want to go down that path.

Hope this is of any help,

Happy gardening,
Melbourne, Australia