re: gardens under power lines

  • Subject: [cg] re: gardens under power lines
  • From: Bill Maynard bMaynard@WoodRodgers.com
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:27:33 -0700

Currently I am working on starting a garden in sacramento under power lines
Our power company SMUD loans meters to read the milligause (electromagnetic
fields measuring unit) levels under the power lines. Its easy and about the
size of a walkman...just turn it on and read the digital readout.

He is what is found:
Levels under power lines at my garden site 9-13
Across the street from the power lines (approx 120 feet way) 1-2

I also checked levels of other things as well as a comparison
In my house (electric current from wiring in the house) 3
In front of my computer monitor with glare shield 1-2
Without glare shield 2-3
Electric blanket  45
Microwave oven at 3 feet 30   at punch pad of mircrowave oven 450
Cell phones widely vary some measured 3-7
The average seemed to run about 25-50
some went as high as 750 !!
right next to your head!!!

So make you own judgment from this info... I am also looking for other info
on  gardening under power lines.... Supposedly there is a report made at UC
Berekely but I still am unable to locate it.

Please note that power lines vary from location and load during the day...
take a reading at peak power usages to get your best number.

transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  This communication
represents the originator's personal views and opinions, which do not
necessarily reflect those of Wood-Rodgers, Inc..  If you are not the
original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error,
and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please
immediately notify mrodriguez@woodrodgers.com.