Local food systems abroad

I'm a student at Trinity College in Hartford, CT, where I've been working with the Knox Parks Foundation to build a community garden in the Puerto Rican neighborhood surrounding our school. I'm also studying the city's other community gardens with a professor who hopes to write a book on the topic. I'd like to keep studying community gardens and local food systems, and I'm in the process of applying for a Watson Fellowship that would pay for me to travel to several different countries over the course of a year to do this. If anybody has any ideas or information about local, organic, and/or cooperative food initiatives in foreign countries, I'll really appreciate a lead. I'm already looking into Cuba, and have my eyes on England and New Zealand.
Andy Hatch