Re: Storing Rainbarrels

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Storing Rainbarrels
  • From: Lenny Librizzi plantlot@rcn.com
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:33:04 -0400

Jeneva,
We have installed 4 water collection systems at community gardens here in NYC. We will be meeting on Friday to
discuss winterizing the systems, so I can give you a more complete report after Friday. We were planning to make sure
that the barrels are empty and that no more rain is collected. We are also using reused 40 gallon plastic olive containers
which we have secured to a structure so they won't move when empty. These barrels seem to last a long time outdoors
so my feeling is that they can stay outside. More to come.
Lenny Librizzi