Re: Storing rain barrels

John wrote:

This coming from Philly where the City is starting to CHARGE gardeners for water from hydrants!! Free labor to keep the neglected lots beautiful, and they're supposed to pay???

Greywater is the only real solution as far as I can see. The permaculture folks seems to have decent plans -- including filters to take out some of the nasty stuff -- I think we all need to start making noise, grabbing PVC pipe (Street's favorite! ;-D [inside Philly joke!]) and then write grants for what we can't salvage. Technically, we don't need potable water and at this point, it looks like God is going to be cheaper than Street. (Paying during drought months is more cost effective than for the whole year.)

I haven't had time to check out this site (Harvest Show this week), but it's supposed to be a decent one on rainwater collection:

Enjoy. I have to polish my garlic for the Show. . .

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of