writing a plan/proposal for a new garden in Arkansas

  • Subject: [cg] writing a plan/proposal for a new garden in Arkansas
  • From: krelliott1@juno.com
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:39:56 GMT

Hello Gardeners!
I have good news that there will soon be a community garden started in the small town of Magnolia, Arkansas.   There's a lot of support for the garden from the mayor and from other city 'decision-makers,' so what we're doing at this point is putting the idea into a document that we can distribute to gain more support and get the project started.

I know that I've seen information posted about where to find information on how to start a community garden, I've glanced through my archives and didn't find what I need.  I'm looking for specific examples of documents that people used in the early stages of garden planning to give people information about where the garden would be, how it would work, initial budgets, and any other useful info.

For this garden we hope to build it as a school garden.  We have a potential site, and some support from the Parks Department, so we're gearing our first documents towards the school system, to find out how much they want to be involved.

Any ideas or feedback that would be helpful is greatly appreciated, and can be emailed directly to me, at krelliott1@juno.com.

Also, I keep up with the postings on this listserv and I have a question -
what's a mosquito dunk? :)

Thanks! Keep up the spirit,
Katy Elliott

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!