RE: Raising Chickens in Community Gardens

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Raising Chickens in Community Gardens
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:38:32 -0400

Bill,

Don't keep chickens in our NY garden ( NYC ordinance). Many cities have
these, so you may want to check Green Bay's rules on livestock.

The best chicken houses that I have seen in is in Little Rock's Dunbar
Community Garden run by the AUGER folks ( I kid you not...they have built a
new one and have another on wheels!)

Here is the AUGER link: http://www.auger-ar.org/

The Dunbar page and contacts: http://www.auger-ar.org/DCG.html

Love chicken manure for tomatoes!