Re: CASFS - Thinking About You

  • Subject: Re: [cg] CASFS - Thinking About You
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 13:47:38 EDT

Friends,

Right now I'm sitting at home, paying bills before I head down to the Clinton
Community Garden for our  Hell's KitchenHeroes Picnic ( we're honoring our
local firemen, cops & EMS today - everyone else has to bring some food and/or
a six-pack of a beverage.)

After being at this afternoon's picnic, where would I go in the world if I
had the chance?

The Hermitage in St. Petersburg, the Laurtentians as the trees turn color,
viewing  orchids in a Central American rain forest,  La Pyramide restaurant
in France, a lieder recital in Berlin (sorry... I have curious tastes)?

No,  if I hit the Lotto and could leave my middle-aged, life behind, I'd take
my wife Allegra on an extended second honeymoon at CASFS.

Every time I look at the carefully made raised beds in our garden and the
amazing amount of produce we raise in small spaces, I think about the debt
that organic gardeners in this country owe to the Rodale's and to the work
that Alan Chadwick started at CASFS.

In green-eyed envy,

Adam Honigman
Volunteer, Clinton Community Garden