RE: NY garden settlement

  • Subject: RE: [cg] NY garden settlement
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:38:43 -0400

Oliver,

Two responses:

1) The gardener:
The City of New York has recognized the significance of community gardens in the same way the the United States of America recognizes it's native Americans :"No more smallpox filled blankets anymore,  we'll say nice things about you in the press, but still  take your land if we want it ...and make pius noises when people are looking."

I'm still pissed-off at how gardeners are screwed in the fine print.  It will take a lot of us a goodwhile to cool-off. Maybe when we see the flowers and food growing in the gardens that do survive a few years down the road.

20 The editor:
If you want to translate and disseminate Sarah Ferguson's copyrighted article, you will need to contact City Limits Weekly for permission.

Contact -

Ms. Alyssa Katz
c/o City Limits
120 Wall Street