Re: Plants for community garden

Tamsin Salehian wrote:

4. Lastly, I was wondering what plants community gardens have planted as
'communal' plantings, things which grow and can be shared around or take up
too much space for individual plots so could be in community areas.
Since the individual plots are plowed under every spring, our perennials, herbs and small fruit (raspberry, strawberry, etc) are communal. You help take care of them, you can help yourself.

Has anyone had problems with comfrey getting out of
control - we haven't planted any yet but think it might be good for
composting and mulching?
If comfrey gets out of control, it means that you aren't using it enough in composting. Comfrey is also plant medicine -- if a plant is ailing or stressed, cut up a bunch of comfrey leaves and place them in a circle around the plant. The plant almost always gets better. We have three huge plants and they aren't enough!

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of