internships available

  • Subject: [cg] internships available
  • From: margo fried mhf@gilanet.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 11:05:21 +0000

Title: internships available
Howdy!

        We are looking for volunteers who want to visit and work as interns on our farm in southwestern New Mexico. The Gathering of Friends Farm and Retreat Learning Center is located on an old 160 acre homestead at the mouth of the spectacular Frisco Box Canyon, with the San Francisco River running through it, and surrounded by the pristine wilderness of the Gila National Forest.  This mountainous high desert location is remarkably rich in history and impressions.  The Gathering of Friends is run with a truly unique spirit of cooperation by a group of people who believe in living life fully.  We wondered if you or anyone you know would be interested in joining us in the magic and beauty of this place. We invite you to share our intentional, communal lifestyle for 2 weeks (or more) and use your skills to participate in our ongoing projects.  Come join us, work with us, eat our delicious meals, sit quietly in contemplation and dance your heart out!

Skills we're looking for include, but are not limited to:  gardening, fieldwork, carpentry, mechanics, tractor/backhoe operating, fence building

Ongoing and Future Projects: mobile greenhouse construction, heated greenhouse construction, alternative power  system,  vehicle and equipment maintenance, trail maintenance and construction, two acre certified organic garden, harvesting, food preservation (canning, freezing, drying) and all the rest of the projects involved in running a farm.

       You've got to see it to believe it!

If you're interested, call or email our Retreat Manager
Email Margo at mhf@gilanet.com or call her at 505-533-6579

Gathering of Friends Farm and Retreat Learning Center is affiliated with CDTV, the Corporation for the Dissemination of Teachings of Value. CDTV is a cooperative nonprofit organization devoted to teaching and demonstrating the benefits of a comprehensive, and wholistic approach to living life more fully. Our aim is to develop and disseminate educational