RE: Re: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #1533 - 4 msgs

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Re: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #1533 - 4 msgs
  • From: "Pohl-Kosbau, Leslie" PKLESLIE@ci.portland.or.us
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:13:03 -0700

Hello Everyone,
The National Geographic article and picture was a pleasant surprise. They
did not mention the name of our Portland Community Garden (one of 26), which
is called Adams Community Garden. The young man in the picture is the son of
one of our gardeners, who has grown up working and playing in the garden.
This site is the highest and coldest site in our city. It is ringed by
forest, and is the only garden that I know of that has suffered a landslide
(New Years Eve 1997)which covered 1/4th of the garden site. The garden has
recovered, and is a beautiful place. When you come to Portland, just give us
a call, and we can show you how to get to Adams Community Garden.

Leslie Pohl-Kosbau
Portland Community Gardens
(503) 823-1612