Effectiveness research studies

  • Subject: [cg] Effectiveness research studies
  • From: Amanda Maria Edmonds aedmonds@umich.edu
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:19:23 -0400

Hi Sharon,

In response to your question about research studies, you may first want to look at ones that are available directly online through the links page of the ACGA website (communitygarden.org). Fortunately, modern technology has made this sort if dissemination easier than ever.

The ACGA is in the middle of research-based assessment of members' needs that will eventually allow us to provide members and others with broader access to and information about existing research in our field. In the meantime, I'll send you a separate email (for the sake of not sending attachments to a listserve) with a partial bibliography (four full pages worth) of existing research-- I'm confident that the available studies from our web site and

Also, please consider joining ACGA-- as a member-based organization, it is the collective support of each individual member that allows us to provide these services, and otherwise serve our network of practitioners and supporters of community gardening!

Amanda Edmonds
ACGA Membership Chair

Amanda Maria Edmonds

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
"To forget to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves."
- Mahatma Ghandi