Fwd: This Saturday!! Hell's Kitchen Heroes Picnic at Clinton Community Garden.

  • Subject: [cg] Fwd: This Saturday!! Hell's Kitchen Heroes Picnic at Clinton Community Garden.
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:12:04 EDT

Friends,

This event honors the police, firefighters and EMS workers that serve Clinton/Hell's Kitchen, the neighoborhood where the Clinton Community Garden is sited. Our local heroes are the honorees, all others, including me are bringing food and drink for this event.

In the wake of 9/11, our garden community realized that there were many firemen, cops and EMS workers in our neighborhood  who had helped us for years, but we had not thanked or even met socially.  Alas, many were gone.  Going forward, we decided that our community would always have this opportunity to meet, greet, share a plate of food with and quietly thank these fine people for keeping us safe.

Here is the reminder message that went out to garden members and volunteers.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,
Clinton Community Garden

Subj: This Saturday!! Hell's Kitchen Heroes Picnic at Clinton Community Garden.