Re: Effectiveness Studies of Community Gardens-Whitmire Study

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Effectiveness Studies of Community Gardens-Whitmire Study
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:58:55 EDT

In case you did not receive a message from ACGA board member, Gwenne Hays-Steward who works for the remarkable Gateway Greening organization in St. Louis, MO,  Gateway Greening , I am sending you a link to the Whitmire Study, a multi-year study on the effectiveness of community gardens done by the University of Missouri-St. Louis Public Policy Research Center in association with Gateway Greening.  WhitmireStudy.html

The methodology of this study are extremely rigorous, the Whitmire Study being a model for any further quantitative/gualitative studies of community gardening going forward.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Clinton Community Garden

Subj: Re: [cg] Effectiveness Studies of Community Gardens