Need lease agreements & liability waivers

  • Subject: [cg] Need lease agreements & liability waivers
  • From: SoleilPaz@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:04:15 EDT

It's such a long, goofy story. 5+ years of suburban CA politics, false starts, ironic twists, changing truths and revolving personnel. Gasp! If I only knew how right Adam was when I first read his quote: "Community Gardening is 99% politics and 1% gardening." Such a soap opera. As the Garden Turns...

Nevertheless, we are the seeds of the tenacious plant. We have a 90% chance of completely building our garden on October 23, 2004...National Make a Difference Day.

IF the Regional Transit Board approves a vote to revoke an irrevocable right of way to our property. Then our city takes ownership of the parcel and rents it to our Food Bank for our use @ $1 per year.
IF our city council officially votes our project a 'go' one week into our actual construction schedule. You know, do first, ask permission when it's done?
IF Home Depot agrees to aid us with knowledgeable pros to build, equipment rentals and expertise to organize the labor.
And about 65 other IF's...

Here's what I need help with:

Our city attorney is spearheading this whole process (yes, some lawyers actually have redeeming value!). He needs several sample lease agreements and gardener liability waivers upon which we'll model our utopian legal relationship. (smirk)

1. Specifically, we're looking at the legal docs between landowner and garden entity.
2. Liability waivers which gardeners sign to cover legal butt on the property.

Particularly helpful are any comments you might have about how your written legal agreements work for you, the #(*%^@&* process, or how you'd change things if you could.
I already know we have your encouragement and support. Y'all are my inspiration. Thanks SO much!!!

We are the seeds of the tenacious plant,
and it is in our ripeness and fullness of heart
that we are given to the wind
and are scattered.

Kahlil Gibran, --The Prophet

Soleil Tranquilli (scattered, shocked, with rose colored glasses still firmly perched)

Elk Grove Community Garden

Nurturing community ~ Empowering people ~ Growing  good  food