CG Size

  • Subject: [cg] CG Size
  • From: "Jim Call" <jimcall@casagarden.com>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:33:26 -0500

Shane,
15 acres is huge for a CG.  Congratulations.  Your garden may be largest in the U.S.  The number of plots available for gardening is probably more important.  Our botanical garden is 42 acres but only 50 % is developed.

Our garden, which is not a typical CG, has .4 acre of plantable area. The CG occupies about 1.5 acres.  Although small, we hope to harvest between 14K to 16K lbs of vegetables this year (see... http://www.casagarden.com/harvest.htm )

If I'm still directing this garden next year, I'd like to break 20K for total harvest (no, we don't harvest watermelons).

Keep up the good works,

Jim Call, Volunteer CASA Community Garden Director