Fwd: Homer Young Kennedy III - Memorial Service 9/26/04

  • Subject: [cg] Fwd: Homer Young Kennedy III - Memorial Service 9/26/04
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:49:56 EDT

Subj: Homer Young Kennedy III - Memorial Service 9/26/04
Date: 9/17/04 7:38:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Adam36055

I am very sorry to share with you news of the death of Homer Young-Kennedy III, a member of the Henry Hudson Parkway Task Force.  Homer instantly understood the shared interest of Manhattan and the Bronx in restoring the parkway, and thus helped forge our âcommunities of the corridor.â  Homer was the pillar of Inwood, but he will be missed by Riverdale, Washington Heights, Harlem and the Upper West Side.  Details of his memorial service follow.

In Loving Memory of

Homer Young-Kennedy III

August 7, 1952 to September 1, 2004

Heavenâs newest and brightest angel

You are cordially invited

To celebrate

The life of

Homer Young-Kennedy III,

Our Beloved Friend,

Caring Family Member,

And

Tireless Community Advocate

At a public memorial service

On September 26, 2004

At 12:00 Noon

On the Indian Road lawn

Of Inwood Park

(Rain date October 2, 2004)

There will be a slate of selected speakers

To be followed by an open discussion

On the life of Homer

And

His influence on our lives

In lieu of flowers,

Please make donations to:

New York City Department of Parks and Recreation

Memo: In Memory of Homer Young-Kennedy III