Re: Food grade container water storage in winter

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Food grade container water storage in winter
  • From: "Libby J. Goldstein" libby@igc.org
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:51:27 -0400

We have found that there are barrel dealers who clean and sell 50-55 gallon drums that have been used to ship materials like vinegar and flavor extracts (We got one that had held rum once ...yum.) We use these barrels in our garden for our watering system, and they hold up well iver our winters here in zone 7A. As I recall, the sources are listed under "barrels" in the yellow pages.

Our other source was a local importer of fancy foods.