Fwd: RE: Liability Insurance for Community Garden

  • Subject: Fwd: [cg] RE: Liability Insurance for Community Garden
  • From: adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:47:24 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Pohl-Kosbau, Leslie <PKLESLIE@ci.portland.or.us>
Sent: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:17:09 -0700

This summer I met Angela Herrmann, who is on staff with the Disciples Home
Missions of the Disciples of Christ.  The Disciples were in Portland for
their General Assembly, and a group came out to one of our community gardens
to do a work service day. Angela has also published a booklet, "return to
the GARDEN: The Disciples guide to organizing community gardens". The
booklet is meant to encourage congregations to care for the earth and for
people, by establishing community gardens. I was pleasantly surprised at how
inspired and practical their work is described. So, you may want to check
with the local Disciples of Christ for land and help.

Leslie Pohl-Kosbau