seeking advice

Hello!  Jennifer here again looking for yet more advice from all my
fellow (helpful) gardeners.  We are experiencing a mess in our walkways
surrounding each garden plot.  Last year we left them bare, with only
dirt in them, and it was a mess whenever they got wet from watering.
They'd turn into rivers of mud, and were very slippery.  So, this year,
we received donated sawdust, and put this in the walkways.  It
eliminated the mud problem, but some of the gardeners do not like it
because when wet, it sticks to bags, buckets and shoes.  Does anyone
have any suggestions that have worked for them?  We've thought of straw
or hay, but of course, not everyone agreed on this either.

And...we have recently experienced a rash of vandalism.  I've posted
notes here before seeking advice about this topic, and as of yet,
nothing has really put a dent in the amount of vandalism we have
experienced.  We are considering putting a raspberry hedge around the
perimeter of the garden with only a few designated entrances.  I'm
trying to gather information on this idea, or other ideas that may
help.  I would greatly appreciate any information that anyone would like
to share.

I have tried to search the internet for help on these topics (and
others), but have not found any web sites devoted to trouble shooting.
If anyone has any web site information... sharing would be greatly

Thank you,
Jennifer Taylor
e-mail : mlaycock@img.net